Monday, February 1, 2010

The Day When I lost My N76!!


Looking at my depreciated phone, I am drifted to a memorable account that defied the regular order of things. It is one of those anticipated days that have convinced me of one thing, “a day as a complex reality can be reduced to few essentials.”

As my eyes welcomed the morning, I felt the excitement of adding a lovely day to a deeper understanding of love. A two year affair mirrored a tug between love and hate, a harmony of sweetness and a sharing of ups and downs. It is fast-paced while slowly savoring the meaning of being together each day.

Just like any ordinary monthsary, a typical date in a passing mall will be a given rendezvous. For this day, I decided setting up a dining in a classy Shangri-La to upgrade previous expressions of frugality. I fetched her at Makati bound to Ortigas to situate a romantic mood. To unload her of any stressor, I carried her bag adding more weight to my tired muscles. While waiting for the train, I felt a numbing presence of her. An isolated and sacred communion amidst a noisy and busy crowd immersed with chemistry. As the train stopped to series of stations, I could see a serene facade and a glow of hunger on us waiting to devour a delicious dinner.

The train halted at Shaw station. Rushing with pool of individuals, we were able to exit and about to enter the mall. Inside the revolving door we were stopped in the middle. For unknown reason I felt a surge of anxiety not knowing what it was. But moving fifty steps forward, I felt my empty shoulder bag lightened and in probing so the N76 was nowhere to be found. I forced a shift turnaround but failed to see any traces of the detractors. My phone is taken on the should-be lovely day.

Amidst shocked condition, we continued the expected. We ate our meal while repeatedly sharing details of the abrupt incident. What so funny though, was that the felony has added color to our special day. It was a challenging episode that turned to be like feasting on other people’s experience without minding the victims inside. We laughed at our own ignorance setting aside the cost of what was lost and cherish the undisturbed spirit uniting us. We finished with smiles on our faces and have wholeheartedly welcomed a new Samsung unit in our midst(low-tech though can help wake me up in the morning..hehe).

Indeed, there are situations in our life that come by surprise and prove our deprived control of everything. I know we are limited in so many ways but with these limitations come the possibilities of exploring the power of controlling the self. It is not the situations that control us but the power within that really defines the situation.

Our day has just been filled with many events. Indeed, it has been a memorable day to remember because it was one of those days that I have seen the few essentials of realities. And in doing so, I have found them within.

No comments: